Over the last 27 years, we at Lantegi Batuak have been finding original solutions to ensure our mission, that is, to generate opportunities for stable, quality employment which serve as a foundation for attaining social inclusion and employment for the people with disabilities for whom we work.
Innovation is therefore a word that always fits our reality and our Strategic Plan 2009-2011 cites innovation as our “key and transversal competence”, further highlighting the need to make it systematic across the Organisation, to make it a “daily habit” that allows us to continue to ensure the future of our mission.
To generate such a routine, in March 2010, we launched the development of a practical Systematic Innovation Model, based on eight pillars:
• Our own, shared vision of why and how we innovate in Lantegi Batuak, and where to start.
• Strong leadership and sponsorship of the Directorate General which is embodied in the creation of the Innovation and Development and the creation of a Pilot Innovation Community.
• A Skills Development Programme for Innovation, which seeks to provide the people of the Organisation with the key skills to innovate in their daily lives.
• An Internal Innovation System, embodied in a space called “Berribarruan” which includes the routine to follow when it comes to innovation (searching for opportunities, generating ideas, evaluating and selecting, developing and launching).
• An Open Innovation System, embodied in a space called “Berrireki” which pursues the co-creation and development of new ideas with different local agents to generate new employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
• The Knowledge and Management Communities: a basic tool for the ongoing and transversal collaboration, so necessary for innovation.
• The Recognition Programme: a tool to highlight and acknowledge the commitment and contributions of our personnel to the settlement of the Systematic Innovation Model.
• The System of Innovation Indicators which measures the results achieved with the Model.
Person responsible: Blanca Alarcia
Contact details: email@example.com